The Public Debt Directorate
- Managing the central government’s public debt in a manner that reduces the costs of borrowing and associated risk.
- Participating in the development of the Public Debt Management Strategy
- Participating in negotiations and contracting of new loans and issuing domestic debt tools.
- Assuring the collection, remediation, and follow-up on both direct and guaranteed government debt
- Participating in drafting the annual budget for the purposes of serving public debt, as well as timetables in order to implement them.
- Preparing the program and timetable for debt service payments for issues related to approvals and disbursement by the treasury.
- Arranging the repayment of debt service through the General Treasury and the Central Bank of Jordan.
- Providing the Director of General Budget Department with debt service and timetables of expenditures on regular basis.
- Monitoring the implementation of obligations, expenses, and payments relevant to public debt.
- Studying the requests of public institutions related to obtaining a borrowing guarantee from the government.
- Preparing periodic reports on the general debt of institutions and departments related to the field of debt management.
- Preparing the Public Debt Bulletin on quarterly basis.
- Preparing the debt portfolio analysis.
- Participating in the negotiation process relevant to restructuring debt.
- Supervising the implementation of re-lending agreements terms and collecting amounts from beneficiaries.
- Examining re-lending agreements and giving any feedback regarding the terms of such agreements.
- Suggesting criteria and procedures in order to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in public debt management operations.